1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Recently started to use more natural fibres, but do use acrylic blends for ease of washing
2. Do you spin? Crochet?Crochet, planing on joining Spinners and Weavers Guild soon and learning to spin...
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?an old tin, a cardboard box and Denise Needle box
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Not sure, probably over thirty years. Skill level Advanced, like complicated patterns but not sewing them up !
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)Lavender
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?YES :-) Chocolate, Truffles, Coffee Chocolates...
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?Patchwork, Machine Embroidery, Tapestry, Beading, Felt Making
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Most from before 1990's - dont understand modern stuff ;-) Think computer can play MP3s but not tried.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?Love purples and earthy tones. Dont do yellows and oranges or pastels
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?Live alone or rather with my two cats
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes scarves and mittens, sometimes hats if it is very cold, ponchos only the first time round when I didn't have a say what I wore ;-)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?Love Colinette yarns
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Trendy yarns like Firefly, Dune, basically anything that is a ladder construction or has too many bobbles that it doesn't flow round needles.And recently had a bad experience with Noro
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?Scarf Style patterns helping to clear stash...and socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Varies depending on my mood, like lace, fair isle, patterned sock yarns.
17. What are you knitting right now?Lady Eleanor and Ruffles from Scarf Style, Shetland Jumper
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Yes
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?Depends what knitting, use both.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Mainly use bamboo and Denise needles but have several old sets in metal
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes yarn winder
22. How did you learn to knit?Think my Mum taught me, cant really remember not being able to knit
23. How old is your oldest UFO?Alice Starmore jumper few years old
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?Like anything made Aardman - Wallace & Gromit etc. Love cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday?Being in the North West of Scotland, Cape Wrath enjoying peace and quiet. Would hate to go on a beach hoilday. Last holiday I went on was a walking one in Morocco.
26. Is there anything that you collect?Not really apart from yarn, threads, material.....
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Interweave Knitting.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?I'm easily tempted to buy so haven't got a list... but some more wooden DPN to complete my set is all I can think of at moment !
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Dont know what it is called but have one colour in one hand and one colour in the other and manage to knit with both without getting holes...
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes. UK5, 9 inches long and 9 inches round
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)8th September
Hope this is in enough detail, if not let me know...